In addition to our Web site, social media and local media outlets, our Emergency Alert Notification System is the best way to stay informed when it comes to emergency and weather-related situations.
- Emergency Alerts: The Office of Information Services has implemented a web-based solution that allows communications across various social and mobile technologies including email, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and text messaging. The College uses this system for the purpose of passing along information of a time sensitive nature.
- Weather-Related Closings: The forecast changes like the weather, but you can be assured that we take your safety seriously when bad weather strikes. In the event of inclement weather, we will use the Emergency Alter Notification System to keep you up to date on any weather related closings or cancellations.
View Mountwest’s policy regarding Weather-Related and/or Emergency Closings & Delays.
How to Join the Mountwest Emergency Alert Notification System
All Students and Employees of Mountwest are automatically enrolled in the Emergency Alert Notification System (ConnectYard). Your MCTC e-mail address is your primary notification delivery method. However, you can link an additional e-mail address, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin social media accounts, as well as a cell phone number for text messaging.
To get started, go to ConnectYard via the Web.
- Select the LOGIN button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter your MCTC email address (email@example.com).
- If you know your ConnectYard password, enter it and click submit.
- If you do not know your ConnectYard password, click “Request a new password” and, when prompted, provide an email address to have a link sent to you that will allow you to change your password.
- To modify any of your current settings, access the Notification Settings page, which you can find by hovering under the gear icon in the top right corner.
If you need additional guidance and support to configure your personal notification settings, please use the IT Services link at the top of this page to access the HelpDesk contact information.