To provide professional quality customer service while consistently adhering to established policies and procedures with a focus on financial integrity and accountability, accurately disbursing and collecting student funds, efficiently enable and assist students to meet financial obligations, and respond to student and parent inquiries about these financial issues in a helpful, informed and courteous manner.
Students who attend Mountwest Community & Technical College agree to be held accountable for:
- The full payment of tuition and fees generated from their registration.
- The full payment of any applicable miscellaneous or special fees related to attendance.
- Post the beginning of term, the payment of ten percent (10%) of the unsecured student account balance in the event of a “Drop for Non‐Payment.”
- The payment of a $25 fee for any item(s) returned by their bank as “Non‐Sufficient Funding”.
- The maintaining of a current mailing address with the Office of the Registrar.
- The acknowledgement that their MCTC.edu email is the official means of communication to students.
- The task of reading their MCTC.edu email on a daily basis.
- The reading of and compliance with the rules as stated within the College catalog and/or student handbook.
Any student account not paid in full or secured by a College Payment Plan, Financial Aid, or a Third‐Party Sponsor will be assessed a $50 late fee. The late fee is in addition to the payment of ten percent (10%) of the unsecured student account balance in the event of a “Drop for Non‐Payment” post the beginning of term. Failure to receive a bill does not waive the requirement for payment by the date due and will not prevent the assessment of the late fee.
Student account balances which have been paid in full, established on a College Payment Plan or secured by financial aid or sponsorship by a third‐party post “Drop for Non‐Payment” prior to the beginning of term may be reinstated and shall be subject to the $50 late fee and a $50 reinstatement fee. The payment of ten percent (10%) of the unsecured student account balance does not apply if the student account has been reinstated.
Past Due Accounts
Student accounts with past due balances will be flagged with a financial hold and will not be allowed to:
- Register for future courses/terms
- Receive official transcripts
- Receive their diploma
Any account not satisfied by the final payment due date will be referred to the College’s collection agency, and may be reported to the credit bureaus.
Hours of Operation:
M, T, W 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Th 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.