Mountwest is committed to meeting the needs of students with disabilities.
The Office of Disabled Student Services coordinates services for qualified students with disabilities as they pursue their educational goals at Mountwest. This office acts as liaison between students with disabilities and faculty.
Students must declare and provide appropriate documentation of their disability to this office in order to receive services. Documentation must include:
Accommodations provided CANNOT fundamentally alter the nature of the course work.
1. Bring the appropriate documentation to a disability services counselor at Mountwest.
2. The student and the disability services counselor will meet in order to discuss the accommodations for which the student is entitled.
3. The disability services counselor will notify the student’s instructors in writing of the accommodations the student is entitled to receive. The disability services counselor will provide these letters to the student, and the student will then hand deliver these letters to the instructors.
We encourage students to be independent and to be advocates for themselves in securing accommodations needed to maximize their learning experience. The office maintains an open-door policy, and students are encouraged to stop by at their convenience.
All documents should come from a professional in the field, be submitted using the professional’s letterhead, and must include their address, phone number and licensing numbers. Documentation must be no more than five years old.
Documentation should include:
1. Date of the most recent visit to diagnosing professional;
2. A clear statement of the diagnosis and the date of the original diagnosis;
3. A summary of diagnostic tests, methods, and/or criteria used to make the diagnosis including evaluation results and standardized test scores if applicable; and
4. Recommendation for accommodations.
For more information please contact: Amandia Bowen – Student Services Specialist | email@example.com