The primary objective of the Safety Committee is to provide support to enhance the college’s Safety Program.
In addition to this primary mission, the Safety Committee encourages employees to participate in the safety process for the betterment of all concerned. The personal safety and health of the Mountwest community is of primary importance. The prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illnesses is our principal purpose. To the greatest degree possible, this Committee will provide a voice to management to ensure all mechanical and physical facilities required for personal safety and health are controlled and maintained in keeping with the highest standards.
In carrying out its primary mission, the Committee is committed to five basic principles:
1. Help formulate and disseminate policies, practices and procedures that promote health and safety.
2. Consult with the Safety Officer on any proposed or actual changes in health and safety policies, practices and procedures proposed by the Committee.
3. Assist management in the planning of action on occupational health and safety. This will include helping to set priorities to control hazards.
4. Act as a problem solving group to help with the identification and control of hazards.
5. Help to resolve health and safety issues.
Director of Physical Plant
Assistant Professor, Paramedic Science
Director of Human Resources, Employee Development & Payroll
Assistant Professor, Culinary Arts
Director of Public Safety
Vice President for Operations & Information Technology