Advising, Counseling and Career Services
An academic advisor:
- develops a one-on-one relationship with you and has a personal interest in your success
- helps with identifying and accomplishing career and life goals
- is your first contact when an academic problem surfaces
- helps you develop growth through self-awareness
- helps you identify realistic educational and career goals, as well as a program of study to achieve them
- helps you embrace life challenges beyond the college experience
The advisors in the Counseling Center can assist you with the following:
- Assessment of abilities, interests, and goals
- Coordination of career planning and academic progress
- Information about courses, programs and occupations
- Referrals to other campus resources
Students who have less than 24 earned Mountwest credits, are on academic probation and/or taking courses below the 100 level are required to meet with an advisor PRIOR to registration.
All other students are encouraged to self-register for classes.
The One-Stop is open Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and on Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
A career counselor will be available to assist you with
- Program/major selection
- Resume Writing
- Practice interviews
- Dress for success
- Job Search - Local and Regional; Full and Part time
Career services are available to current students and recent Mountwest graduates
Monday - Friday 8-12:00; 1:00 -5:00 BY APPOINTMENT
The Counseling Center is designed to help students better understand themselves, deal with important decisions, and resolve career and study problems that can interfere with their educational goals. For on-going counseling needs, we refer to our immediate community providers and will assist you making the necessary referrals.
Counseling services are available to current students.
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm