The Physical Plant Department mission is to maintain and operate the physical facilities of the University to create a physical environment in which faculty can teach, students can learn and staff members can perform. The mission includes supporting College goals and activities to assist other departments in being successful. Begin the climb to your success at Mountwest!
- A commitment of personnel to handle assignments of service to the College in the most professional, dedicated, courteous, prompt, and technically correct and efficient manner possible.
- Operate all buildings and utility systems as efficiently and safely as human and financial resources permit.
- Maintain facilities in a proactive manner as to minimize deterioration and to retain a high physical and academic appearance.
- Assist in long-range and short-range planning to maximize the efficient utilization of existing facilities, and to provide handicapped accessibility to all necessary facilities.
- Work with our Director of Public safety to Ensure that all facilities are environmentally safe and free from all hazards and that all fire and life safety issues are addressed.
The Physical Plant takes great pride in its most valued resource, the talented people who work here. The following trade groups make up the Physical Plant work units.
- Building Maintenance Exterior
- Building Maintenance Interior
- Event set-ups
- Custodial Services (Contracted-Dirtbusters)
- Landscape (Mostly Contracted)
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Mail, Shipping and Receiving
- Special Projects