The constitution of the faculty is to provide for the participation of the Faculty Council in the formulation, implementation, and review of institutional policy and to provide the means for the Faculty Council to initiate action on matters with which it is directly concerned. These areas of Faculty Council concern shall include, but shall not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Standards for admission, selection, and retention of students.
- Requirements for the granting of degrees.
- Curricular requirements for general education.
- Additions and deletions of courses.
- Development of programs for scholarship, research, and innovation as relates to teaching.
- Development of library, laboratories, and other instructional aids.
- Such other academic affairs that are not directly administrative in nature.
- Provision for accessible, comprehensive, and quality education and workforce training through MCTC programs.
The constitution may be viewed in its entirety by clicking on the attached file.