As a leading Microsoft IT Academy, Mountwest Community & Technical College offers the Network Systems Administration option to help prepare students for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) Certification examinations. The curriculum and course materials are designed by Microsoft, and the College’s instructors are Microsoft Certified IT Professionals (MCITP) with industry experience that take a personal interest in mentoring students through every step of the certification process.
REQUIRED COURSES1 for Academic Year 2014-2015
|ENL 111||Written Communication2||3|
|IT 210||Networking Administration I3,4,5||3|
|IT 211||Networking Administration II3,5||3|
|IT 216||Networking Administration III3,5||3|
|IT 217||Networking Administration IV3,5||3|
|IT 219||Networking Administration V6,7,8||3|
|IT 222||Networking Administration VI6,8||3|
|IT 223||Networking Administration VII6,8||3|
|IT 224||Fundamentals of Network Security9||3|
|Approved Math Elective10||3|
1. The one-year certificate in the Microsoft Certified IT Professional will allow the student to apply 30 academic credits toward the Information Technology A.A.S. degree in Network Administration.
2. ENL 111 has a prerequisite of REA 098, or ACT 18, or SAT 421, or appropriate Reading placement.
3. Networking Administration classes IT 210, IT 211, IT 216 and IT 217 must be taken concurrently. These classes cannot be taken individually.
4. IT 210 has a prerequisite of IT 120 or permission, and co-requisites of IT 211, IT 216, and IT 217.
5. IT 210, IT 211, IT 216, and IT 217 are offered fall semesters only.
6. Networking Administration classes IT 219, IT 222 and IT 223 must be taken concurrently. These classes cannot be taken individually.
7. IT 219 has a prerequisite of IT 217, and co-requisites of IT 222, and IT 223.
8. IT 219, IT 222, IT 223, and IT 224 are offered spring semester only.
9. IT 224 has a prerequisite of IT 101 or IT 102.
10.Approved Math electives are MAT 145, MAT 146, MAT 205 and MAT 215 (select one based on program track – see advisor).
|**Click here for the 2014-2015 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2012-2013 Advising Sheet**|