Medical Transcription (CAS)
The Administrative Technology One-Year Certificate program in Medical Transcription maintains student learning as its main priority and is committed to excellence in a learning environment that emphasizes procedures in a medical transcription office, problem solving, and skilled use of computer business software applications to provide for workforce development, career preparation, and lifelong learning. The One-Year Certificate program provides a strong foundation in anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology, human diseases, laboratory procedures, preparation of medical documents, and medical transcription. This intensive program utilizes authentic physician dictation to prepare students to transcribe a wide variety of dictation subjects. The student progresses from entry-level to hospital style dictation. Upon completion of the One-Year Certificate Program in Medical Transcription, the graduate will be able to demonstrate knowledge that is specific to the medical transcription field.
|AT 220||Anatomy and Physiology for Transcription||3|
|AT 221||Medical Terminology for Transcription||3|
|AT 222||Pharmacology for Transcription||3|
|AT 223||Beginning Laboratory Medicine for Trans||1|
|AT 244||Beginning Medical Transcription4||6|
|AT 224||Advance Laboratory Medicine for Trans5,6||1|
|AT 225||Human Diseases for Transcription6||3|
|AT 247||General Surgery/Gastrointestinal Trans6||2|
|AT 248||Cardiology Transcription6||2|
|AT 249||Orthopedics Transcription6||2|
|AT 251||Obstetrics/Gynecology Transcription6||2|
|AT 252||Specialty Transcription6||2|
1. Please see an advisor for further information on program admission requirements.
2. Second semester AT courses have a prerequisite of successful completion of first semester courses with “C” or better.
3. Students must have above-average grammar, spelling, and punctuation skills; good word processing skills; and minimum keyboarding speed of 45 wpm for enrollment in the first semester courses.
4. AT 244 has a co-requisite of AT 220, AT 221, AT 222, and AT 223.
5. AT 224 has a prerequisite of AT 223 or AAT 223.
6. AT 224, AT 225, AT 247, AT 248, AT 249, AT 251, and AT 252 have a prerequisite of AT 244 with a “C” or better.