Electronics Technician is one of today’s fastest growing careers, a career that can provide not only a great salary and job security but also exciting work in a field that is always growing and changing. This field has many opportunities including maintenance, design, service and sales in commercial, manufacturing and process industries.
The following industries employ electronic technicians: computer industry, consumer electronics industry, robotics industry, utility companies, healthcare, broadcast, manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, mining, office equipment, waste-treatment, and any other industries that use electrical/electronic systems.
REQUIRED COURSES for the Academic Year 2014-2015
|ELT 111||Direct Current Circuit analysis1,2||4|
|ELT 111L||Direct Current Electronics Lab||2|
|ENL 111||Written Communication3||3|
|IT 101||Fundamentals of Computers (EDGE)||3|
|MAT 145||Applications in Algebra4||3|
|ELT 121||Alternating Current Circuit Analysis1,6||4|
|ELT 121L||Alternating Current Electronics Lab||2|
|MAT 215||Applied Discrete Mathematics7||3|
|SCI 110||Introductory Physics8||4|
|ELT 131||Analog Circuits1,9||5|
|ELT 131L||Analog Circuits Lab||2|
|ELT 211||Combinational Logic Circuits1,10||5|
|ELT 211L||Combinational Logic Circuits Lab||2|
|IT 270||Computer Essentials and Application11||4|
|ELT 222||Introduction to Microprocessors13||4|
|ELT 299||Electronic Technology Internship||3|
|IT 131||Introduction to Networking14||4|
1. ELT 111, ELT 121, ELT 131 and ELT 211 must be taken concurrently with their respective labs: ELT 111L, ELT 121L, ELT 131L, and ELT 211L.
2. ELT 111 has a prerequisite of MAT 145.
3. ENL 111 has a prerequisite of ENL 095, or placement in 100-level English, and REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
4. MAT 145 has a prerequisite of MAT 096, or MAT 097, or placement in 100-level math.
5. COM 112 and COM 125 have a prerequisite of REA 098, or placement in 100-level reading.
6. ELT 121 has a prerequisite of ELT 111.
7. MAT 215 has a prerequisite of MAT 135 or MAT 145.
8. SCI 110 has a prerequisite of MAT 125, MAT 135 or MAT 145.
9. ELT 131 has a prerequisite of ELT 111.
10. ELT 211 has a prerequisite of MAT 215.
11. IT 270 has a prerequisite of IT 101 or IT 102.
12. Choose from any of the following: ELT 210, ELT 280-283, IT 115, IT 120, IT 141, IT 271
13. ELT 222 has a prerequisite of ELT 211.
14. IT 131 and IT 270 has a prerequisite of IT 101.
15. Choose from EC, HIST, PSYC, SS at the 100-level or above.
|**Click here for the 2014-2015 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2013-2014 Advising Sheet**|
|**Click here for the 2012-2013 Advising Sheet**|